Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Surprise!

Mexico, here we come!  On Sunday the 15th, we surprised the kids and told them we were going to take them to Mexico in October.  We told them by showing them some pictures on the TV that Brad had downloaded; pictures of a plane, the place we were going to stay, the beach and so on.  Needless to say, they were pretty excited and are now counting down the days(45).  What's funny is that a day or so before we told them, Adam was commenting on how we never get to go anywhere on a plane that's warm and sunny like Mexico or Hawaii. We just get to go to Utah and Raymond (not that we don't love going to Utah and Raymond.  I guess they are not exotic enough for Adam).  I had to try and keep from smiling because of course I already knew we were going.  We are going to stay at an all-inclucive resort called Dreams Puerto Aventuras (pictured here), just south of Cancun.  We leave on October 9th and return on the 16th.  Jenny has never flown before, Amy not since she was a baby, and Billy and Adam when we flew home from Rochester in 2003 when Adam was 2 and Billy was 5.  That will be half the adventure.  Here is the reaction.

I can hardly wait!!

No comments: