Friday, October 8, 2010

Nature School

I was fortunate enough to be able to go to nature school a few times this week with Adam as part of his wet lands studies and the 'big idea' of changes.  It was really quite interesting as he spent the entire week at the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary.  I learned so many neat things, was able to enjoy the beautiful weather and got some great pictures (Adam took some and I took some) and even learned a little about using a GPS and it was fun spending the time with Adam and his class.  
This is the building where Adam had his nature school



A somewhat rare duck to Calgary that I can't remember the name of

Adam working hard on his journaling

A muskrat



A chickadee


A great blue heron (he was kind of a highlight of the week)



The great blue heron through a scope

Mallards



A grasshopper

The best Mom helper in the world

No comments: