Monday, October 18, 2010

Mexico - Day One

Well, we are home and we had a fabulous time in Mexico!  It was so much fun to be able to take the kids on a trip like that and some fond memories were made.  I only took 605 pictures and a few videos, but I'll only add a few highlights here.  And I think I'll take it a day or two at a time.  

I can't say it was the smoothest start to a vacation but what would it be without a little excitement.  We finished up our packing in the morning on the 9th and then last minute, Brad couldn't find his wallet.  We frantically searched for a while then decided, I had my wallet and credit card (but no cash) and we would be fine, so we left.  On the way, on Deerfoot, Brad gets pulled over for going 104 in and 80 zone (construction).  After the officer told him why he pulled him over, Brad just pleaded "Officer, I'm just trying to get my family to the airport on time for a family vacation, and I just spent the last 20 minutes looking for my wallet so I don't even have my drivers license."  He just looked at us, asked if everyone had their seat belts on and said to slow down.  That was it.  (Thank you Mr. Officer).  We made it to the airport with time to spare and then just had to figure out how we were going to sit together.  Our assigned seats were all spread out with no one next to each other.  At the gate, we managed to get Jenny next to me, and then on the plane, we got Jenny and me moved next to Amy in the last row, the boys got seats together two rows in front of me and Brad, well he enjoyed his peace and quiet on row 13.











Cancun and Isla Mujeres

On the bus on the way to our hotel
Every night at our hotel, they had some kind of show, so once we checked in and had a bite to eat after our long day of travel, we went to the show for the night in the theater which was a Circus Show.


This was his pet puppy who was most attracted to Amy so she got to keep it.

For helping the clown, Adam got a puppy as well which he very unselfishly gave to Jenny(thumbs up Adam)
Then it was off to bed after a great finish to day one of our vacation.

No comments: